Sunday 30 September 2007

The Card

I just discovered that McDonald's UK now takes cards. Which is the coolest thing since Frappuccino Light.

Let me explain. I think that credit cards are the smartest financial institution ever invented until now, and I'm glad they're around. Especially due to their application in online shopping, but not that alone. They're actually used in so many different ways nowadays, and people don't always seem to appreciate not having to carry cash most of the time.

It's like something out of a science fiction story, if you think about it. Like credits - probably 'from Star Wars' in your case, but 'from The Foundation' for me. Something that intangibly signals for money, just like the money you're used to actually does, in fact, signal for gold.

I just wanted to share with you how awesome I find the concept of credit cards. And to geek out, and all that.

No comments: