Friday 28 September 2007

Geek Chic

I may have whined about the whole 'pink gadgets' thing before, but the truth is that I am female after all and I do care about the design side of mah gadgets. I just moved into my new room and set up my PC and all, and what was the first thing I bought? Yes, coordinating peripherals, in black and matte silver...

I firmly believe that these colours are, to every self-respecting geek of 2007, the new white, which was the new black. There was a phase, back in the late '90s, when that full-of-colours-and-lights thing was cool, yellow and blue and whatever, but that grew old pretty quick, I think.

Still, the point is that it's getting to a stage where - post-ipod and all - gadgets and electronics that look good are officially cool. And I was impressed when I found out that CBE supported that too, on the exact same day that I was really, really thinking about it.

No comments: